Call 020 3746 2525

We have everything needed for your move

All our vans and trucks are at your availability 24/7

All you need to do is pick up the phone and call us. You will be provided with the most appropriate van from our fleet to complete your move.


Driving Overseas

man and van LondonUp to date and accurate papers are a vital part of every well-planned move overseas. Besides passports and visas, there are additional documents required. For driving in another country, a person will need to apply for and obtain an International Driving Permit. This document allows driving in another country without holding a local driver’s license. This works because the IDP is recognized as an international driving document by most countries. It has a set period of validity and it should be renewed if you’re extending your stay in the given country. Obtaining an IDP may seem like a child’s play in comparison to the woes stemming from the actual move.

Having to relocate personal belongings and possibly furniture and items of high value may seem a bit daunting, especially with all the borders that have to be crossed. Give yourself enough time before the move, to find a good mover, some of the bigger removal companies offer international man and van  London residents have been using such services successfully for a number of years now. If you take the time to research the industry listings, you are bound to find a good deal on interstate or international man and van London business listings are updated frequently with new companies so look around and pick your pick. Once the move has been completed successfully, and if the move is permanent, you will be able to use your IDP for a number of months or years, depending on the application conditions.

Though, if you are planning to remain in the given country indefinitely you will need to make arrangements and apply for a local driver’s license. Some countries may have regulations in place that require you to re-grade or re-sit some of the tests, though most countries will not put you through this if you have a clean and valid license and have held it for a set number of years prior to the local application. Keep in mind that having an IDP is likely to require comprehensive, international motor insurance in the name of the permit’s holder.

No related content found.